Foundation Repair in Selma, AL
By Altairisfar (self-made, scan of original photograph.) [Public domain], via Wikimedia Commons
Selma is located on the banks of the Alabama River in the Black Belt region of south central Alabama. Museums in the city include Sturdivant Hall, the National Voting Rights Museum, Martin Luther King, Jr. Street Historic Walking Tour, Historic Water Avenue, Old Depot Museum, Vaughan-Smitherman Museum and Heritage Village.
If you live here, you may know that structures in this area are not immune to foundation settlement, so if you're seeing any of the warning signs listed below, we're here to help. We've successfully completed hundreds of projects, both large and small, including settlement repair, bowing walls, cracks and more. Our team of structural experts will travel to your home, thoroughly inspect it, and then determine what and where the problem is. They'll then be able to formulate an effective, affordable solution. We're Don Kennedy and Sons Structural Solutions.
Warning signs to be aware of
- Leaning chimneys
- Sinking foundations - if one or more sides of your home is noticeably sinking, or your windows or doors are getting harder to open and close, this could be related to settlement.
- Cracks in your:
- Basement floor - not critical, but still needs to be addressed
- Hallways, living room, kitchen or other rooms - which are typically found in conjunction with other issues
- Basement walls - these could be because of the natural shrinking and curing process of concrete
- Foundation - often from hydrostatic pressures in the earth surrounding your home
Expense is tied to the complexity of the project
It's true that a lot of structural problems are similar in nature, but they all require a unique and customized plan of action to get them properly taken care of. For example, if a large amount of excavation work is required to reach a damaged area of a wall, this will increase the labor involved to resolve the issue, which will raise the cost of the project.
To schedule an appointment, please call us!
For more information about what we can do for you, please call or fill out our online form. We guarantee you'll be thrilled with our work! We will never try to tell you that you need some type of repair performed if you really don't need it, and we do not up-sell our products.