Foundation Repair in Columbus, MS
Columbus is a city with approximately 23,000 residents. It's located on the eastern side of the state some 146 miles northeast of Jackson. In 2010, Columbus won a Great American Main Street Award from the National Trust by Historic Preservation.
If you live here, you know that there are areas around town that are prone to settlement issues, so if you're seeing any of the warning signs listed below, we're here to help. We're Don Kennedy and Sons Structural Solutions. For over seventy years, we've successfully completed repairs for settlement, bowing walls, cracks and more. We have a trained, knowledgeable team of structural experts who will be able to come to your home, thoroughly inspect it, and then determine what and where the problem is. Then, we will be able to come up with an effective solution which is affordable and will strengthen and stabilize your entire home once again.
Warning signs of potential problems
- Chimneys that are now leaning to one side
- The foundation of your home seems uneven - if one or more sides of your home is noticeably sinking, or your windows or doors are getting harder to open and close, this could be related to settlement.
- Cracks in your:
- Basement floor - these are not critical, but should be resolved
- Hallways, living room, kitchen or other rooms - as these are signs of other more critical issues
- Basement walls - natural shrinking and curing process of concrete can be the source of this problem
- Foundation - these are frequently caused by hydrostatic pressures in the earth surrounding your home
Variables that can affect the cost
Even though a lot of structural problems seem similar, they all require a unique and customized course of action to get them correctly taken care of. For example, if an excessive amount of excavation work is required to reach a damaged area of a wall, this will elevate the labor involved to resolve the issue, which will raise the cost of the project.
For more information on how we can help you
For more information about what we can do for you, please call or fill out our online form. We guarantee you'll be thrilled with our work! We will never try to tell you that you need some type of repair performed if you really don't need it, and we do not up-sell our products.